Community Christian Academy
Is a ministry of Community Bible Church of Cave Junction, Oregon. Our goal is to provide a quality academic education along with teaching Biblical standards to train young people in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Classes are available from Preschool to 12th grade.
Community Christian Academy uses curriculum from Accelerated Christian Education in conjunction with the School of Tomorrow. Students work at their own level in individualized paces. God’s Word is emphasized and is central to all the teaching and activities throughout the school year.
Feel free to come and visit us anytime you’re in the area; call today and let us show you our classrooms and facility.
Providing Christian Education in the Illinois Valley since 1974. CCA is a place where God is honored and the Gospel proclaimed. CCA is set apart by its’ unique philosophy which, in a nutshell, puts the Bible at the center and asks the student and the teacher to evaluate all they see in the world through the eyes of God.
Community Christian Academy is located in Cave Junction in the facility of Community Bible Church. Our four bright, attractive learning centers house grades pre-school through 12th grade. In addition, CCA has a chapel, gym, a well-equipped playground, and a kitchen and dining room.
Our Admissions Policy
Community Christian Academy admits, without discrimination, students of every race, sex, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to student at this school. CCA reserves the right to select students on the basis of academic performance and personal qualifications, including a willingness to cooperate with the goals of CCA and to abide by its policies.
Four Learning Centers:
- Pre-School – age 4
- Lower Learning Center K-5
- Middle Learning Center 6-8
- Upper Learning Center 9-12
Our academy uses the A.C.E. Ministries curriculum. It is an individualized, self-instructed curriculum that enables students to develop skills at their own academic level within the limits of their own ability. Through controls and motivation, students are able to advance to their highest potential.
Strong emphasis is placed on mastering the basic subjects of Math, English, Social Studies, Science, Bible, and Word Building. This basic curriculum is enhanced by a diversity of other subjects such as P.E., Music, Art, and a broad scope of electives.
CCA’s affiliation with A.C.E. Ministries allows our students to participate in various areas of competition with other A.C.E. schools at the senior level. These areas of competition include Music, the Arts, and various sports disciplines.
Community Christian Academy is also a member of the Oregon Schools Activities Association. This membership facilitates interscholastic activities, which enriches the educational experience for our high school students. CCA is dedicated to enabling these activities as they promote sportsmanship, ethical conduct, civility, respect, fairness, honesty and responsibility in society.
Monthly tuition prices for the 2012-2013 school year are as follows:
- Preschool – $120.00
- Kindergarten – $148.00
- Grades 1-5 – $210.00
- Grades 6-12 – $215.00
- To know God and enjoy a relationship with Him forever through the saving work of Jesus Christ.
- To have a practical knowledge of the Word of God and a desire to study and apply its truths daily.
- To covet Christ-likeness in all areas of life.
- To establish a firm, fundamental training in the academics, integrated from a Christian viewpoint.
- To develop creative, critical and independent thinking in order to understand, participate and intellectually contribute in our society.
- To develop ability to work and use reference and study skills effectively and thus enable the individual to become self-managing and a lifelong learner.
- To develop and maintain the best level of performance, understanding and appreciation for physical fitness, realizing the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- To develop an understanding of the body and its structure, functions, and movements as parts of the whole person – material and immortal.
- To develop a sense of interest in worthy recreational activities.
- To develop a positive self-image built upon the way God sees us.
- To express love towards others.
- To develop qualities of good citizenship – such as integrity, compassion and godly character.